Cheryl A. Felice, Fund Administrator
Cheryl A. Felice is a lifelong resident of Suffolk originating from Patchogue and now residing in Bellport Village. Ms. Felice is the Administrator of the Suffolk County Municipal Employees Benefit Fund, a supplemental employee benefits plan. She previously served as the Fund’s Labor Trustee for 16 years before becoming its Chairperson in 2003 – 2012. As President of the Suffolk County Association of Municipal Employees for nine years, Ms. Felice served as co-chair of the Suffolk County Employees Medical Health Plan when the joint labor/management health plan was credited with saving Suffolk over $200 million in health care costs.
A community-minded individual, Cheryl focused much of her career advocating for working people and their families. Ms. Felice is a Lifetime member of the Suffolk County Community College and the St. Joseph’s College Alumni Associations, is a NYS Notary, is a member of the National Association of Parliamentarians, the Association of Benefit Fund Administrators, and the LI Labor and Employment Relations Association.
- Education –
- A.S. in Criminal Justice, Suffolk County Community College
- S. in Organizational Management, St. Joseph’s College
- Executive Masters in Business Administration, St. Joseph’s College
- Certifications –
- Grant Writing, St. Joseph’s College
- Strategic Planning, Cornell University
- Women’s Campaign School, Yale University
- Trustees Master’s Program, International Foundation of Employees Benefit Plans
- Other Professional Organizations –
- SC Employees Medical Health Plan, past co-chair
- Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office, past employee
- SC Association of Municipal Employees, past president
- SC Municipal Employees Benefit Fund, past chair
- Local and Community Activities –
- Boys and Girls Club of Bellport, contributor and past board member
- Bellport Playcrafters, member
- Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County, (Gateway) contributing member
- National Women’s Political Caucus – LI, past president
- Suffolk Boat Club, past bridge officer
- Patchogue Lions Lioness Club, director
- Patchogue Youth Athletic Association-Girls League, co-founder and past commissioner
Ms. Felice was the recipient of numerous honors and awards such as Distinguished Alumnus Award from St. Joseph’s College and the Suffolk Community College Foundation; Labor Leader of the Year Award from the March of Dimes; Leadership Award from the Brookhaven Rosa Parks Association; Outstanding Service Award from the Victims Information Bureau of Suffolk; Person of the Year from the Girls Scouts of Suffolk County; and a Distinguished Service Award from the Economic Opportunity Counsel of Suffolk.
Benefits & Actuarial Consultant
First Actuarial Consulting Team
Buchbinder, Tunick & Company
Fund Dental Consultant
Administrative Services Only, Inc.
Mirkin & Gordon, P.C.
Fund Investment Manager/Consultant
Stacey Braun Associates, Inc.
Legal Services Plan Attorneys
Feldman, Kramer, Monaco, P.C.