- OTC (over the counter) drugs, vitamins, diet supplements, etc., which even if prescribed by a physician can be legally purchased without a prescription.
- Drugs covered by this plan must be prescribed by a licensed medical doctor, osteopathic physician or dentist
- All drugs must be dispensed by a registered pharmacy.
- Drugs which are administered to in-patients of any hospital are not eligible.
- Single prescriptions that exceed a 3-month supply (this does apply to refills obtained at a later date).
- Growth stimulating drugs, food supplements, cosmetic drugs, or any other drug prescribed for conditions other than injury, illness or disease are not covered by the plan.
- Expenses not submitted prior to December 31st of the current year for the previous year will not be eligible for reimbursement. Example: Claims for 2013 may be claimed only up to 12/31/2014
Note: The Fund will not pay prescription costs incurred by members in excess of the co-payment maximum. If you use a pharmacy that does not participate with your primary prescription carrier, you will be required to pay the full cost of the prescription to the pharmacy. To receive your benefit, submit a completed reimbursement form to your medical plan. The Fund will only pay the co-payment amount that the plan would have paid if you used a participating pharmacy.